I really didn't realise how much you need to do to set up a house and make it a home.
We are attempting to do the first this week and have so far done 2 epic trips to IKEA and a couple of major grocery trips as well.
We have been so blessed to have been able to rent a partially furnished house through a work contact of Danny's and Katie has been SO helpful in pointing us in the right direction for things. I can't imagine having to go out and buy a fridge, washing machine, beds and all of those big things straight off the plane.
I have been finding the days good as I am kept so busy with the boys and all the things there are to do. It also helps that Danny isn't working and we are facing all these challenges together. But I do find the nights hard. With the looming presence of jetlag hovering over my head and yet the need to stay up till 9pm to feed Kael I just kinda freak out a bit. All those unknowns get me... Plus anyone who knows me well, will know that I NEED my sleep! Last night was just as crappy a night in terms of having to get up to kids (i fed Kael 3 times!) but at least Jamin wasn't up with jetlag for 3 hours like the night before... ah... the joys of it.
We head off to Canada for 2 weeks on Tuesday which was the cause of another freak out this week. Just wondering how I am going to manage the boys with Danny off at a conference. Hotel rooms with kids is a nightmare but thankfully I have family in Vancouver and they are going to put us up. Still a little unsure about filling up the days and keeping the boys happy but I think it'll be ok once i'm there... I wouldn't even bother going with Danny normally but there is no way that I think I would cope being alone in a new town and a new house without driving confidently yet. I think I would really struggle to cope so I would rather struggle to cope in Canada with Danny and friends and family close by.
Missing home and familiarity a lot but i guess that's all a part of it.
Hi Al,
ReplyDeleteI have been thinking of you this past week, and will continue to do so especially as you head to Canada.
Hopefully we can catch you on Skype soon for a good chat.
All is going well here. We had a super busy weekend and I am having to remind myself to try to rest more so I have some reserves for when Wombat arrives - hard to remember how awful the sleep deprivation is. It sounds like I will be able to come to you for lots of empathy!
Hope you get some good rest soon.
Love you!
Lara