Thursday, February 4, 2010

the deal

So I thought that i might get a million (well really not that many) questions about our plans so here are the details.
Danny has been offered a the very amusing title and position of President to Russell Mineral Equipment Inc. which doesnt really exist yet except for the title. His mission is to startup the new branch of RME North America in Salt Lake City, Utah.
We have been offered a pretty good package which will make the transition to a new country a bit easier. The idea is that we will go for around 2 years then see where we are at.

We are thinking that we will leave around mid April which gives us a countdown of about 8 weeks.

8 weeks to pack up a house, decide whats going over, being stored or chucked out, get visas and flights, organise rental stuff, adopt out our cat, sell cars, bikes and other miscellaneous things that might have value and celebrate my sisters 30th with a big party here. Oh and on top of all that i have my last unit for my Masters to finish this semester which means going to brisbane a couple of times.

Did i mention we have two kids?? not sure how its going to go but we'll get there i guess.

Danny is off to SLC on Monday to scope out the scene - houses, offices, lawyers, accountants. I have given him orders to photograph everything in sight because I think that will make it a little easier for me to transition if i can picture where we are going.
I am going to make the most of this last trip of danny being away where I have Linda and mum around. I pay them in food, they help me with feral hour (dinner, baths, book and bed for the nonparents). I am going to miss them SO much!

No comments:

Post a Comment