Tuesday, February 23, 2010

denial, denial, denial...


I am officially in denial. i know in my head that we are moving overseas in 6 weeks but for some reason this has not yet moved into the realm of reality.

currently the extent of my packing has been a closet cull (i was very impressed with myself), sorting through Kael's clothes and a few for sale notices sent out via email through mum's work. I just cant seem to find the time or the motivation. I tell myself that i should be spending my hour or so a day break while the kids are sleeping to do uni work, but somehow i end up mostly laying on the couch reading a book or doing mundane housework tasks that seem to mount up without me looking.

Danny, on the other hand, gets the award for "Super Seller" this week. He sold our Landrover Discovery 2 in a matter of hours yesterday, while still managing to make us $1000 profit out of it. How good is that? Fingers crossed RME can find us a car to drive for the rest of the time we are here.

I think that once we get flights booked and a leaving date I will get the bejesus scared out of me and will start to pack the house up post haste. I might also be able to start ticking things off the multiple lists that are stashed around the house, not seeming to serve any purpose at this point in time.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the packing & sorting Al - what an exciting adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am happy to give you a hand when you need me!!!!!

    ReplyDelete