Last June when we were on a working holiday in Chile, South America I saw a little kid in the park riding one of these bikes.
I thought they looked like one of the coolest things to skoot around on and wanted to bring one home to australia for Jamin to learn to ride on.
Fast forward a year to our big move to america and we see this cool bike again belonging to our landlords daughter, Hattie.
Jamin has had a few play dates with her and had a go on her skoot bike last week. Todd and Katie were raving about it so I managed to talk Danny into going to REC (outdoor shop) to have a look.
The idea is that the child is able to learn balance and coordination while they use their feet to keep steady. They can skoot around the place using their feet to balance and control the speed.
We bought one and here is the first practice session Jamin has had. Kael is very interested as well and frantically tries to crawl onto the bike everytime Jamin puts it down.
He has actually improved a lot through the afternoon and really loves his new bike! I might post another video once he has the hang of riding it.
No comments:
Post a Comment