Thursday, May 27, 2010

where r we?

Thought I would post some pictures of what our house and neighbourhood is like.



Our first morning in Utah and it was snowing!



The view out our front window.



This is our local park. Like the mountains in the background?

We have two parks in walking distance as well as a pretty good shopping complex with every we could need.
Me and Danny are still hoping to get by with one car so that should make things a bit easier if I am dying to get out of the house and he has the car...

The mountains are huge and just beautiful to look at anytime I remember to. I can't wait to do some exploring.
We have been told that there is some pretty great rock climbing about 10 minutes away so if we can figure out what to do with the kids we might be able to get away. It also seems pretty common to ride around the place and things look pretty flat so we are looking into buying a chariot (kids trailer) you tow along behind the bike. At least that might slow Danny down so I have a hope of keeping up with him... :)

I am missing all of my 'mummy' friends a lot. The days are very long when there are no play dates to look forward to!
But Danny is working out of our basement so I do have some adult conversations during the day. We are definately enjoying his 10 second commute to work :)

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the place Al... you seem a lot more settled and what an amazing view! Hope you have your warm winter woollies to keep you toastie. And here I am complaining about the cold on the Sunny Coast :)
    Say hi to those three boys for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Al, the views are amazing! Hope you all settle in ok. Having Danny in the basement is a great help especially if he needs a coffee and makes one for you too! you'll need to look for a local playgroup or church run kids thing so you get some different adult conversation. love you Aunty Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Al,
    What a beautiful place.
    Thinking of you. Hope you are enjoying USA.
    Jen Sav.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that view is almost as great as Hoey st!
    Anika wants to come and play with Jam, so we will let you know her flight number ok ? :)
    Greg and Chrissy

    ReplyDelete