We have survived two of the hardest parts of traveling across the world with little children - the flight & the 1st night back at home. They were both extremely hard & there were a lot of prayers going up for patience & love for me to pass on to my little ones. Neither Danny or I got any sleep on the plane & the boys only got a few hours themselves. A 'new' idea that I tried out was specially wrapped 'plane presents' for both of the boys & they worked amazingly well! They definately helped us get through the 24 hours of travel a little bit more easily.
My small hope for a good nights sleep was crushed after both the boys were up about 10:30pm. Kael lasted until 1am but Jamin pushed on through the night till 3:30am. It was a combination of extreme over tiredness & a broken body clock. Danny & I tag teamed through the night & I only dissolved into tears once which is not too bad considering.
This morning we went out for a walk to take advantage of the sun (great for resetting body clocks, I hear). We rugged up for the 2'c weather but had to shed some layers as it really does feel like spring is in the air. Such a lovely time of year!
The spring season has begun for baseball which is another good sign that summer is coming!
Our local park with yesterdays layer of snow still hanging around. This snow was actually good enough to make some snowballs, much to the boys excitement.
After my long break from blogging while we were in Australia I am back to my beloved iMac & quick internet connection. I will be doing some features of our adventures in Australia so keep coming back to visit!

Welcome 'home' Al :)
ReplyDeleteWe are so happy you are back! We love you!!!
ReplyDeleteIt took me a while but I just noticed Jamin's beanie - made me smile after reading this and feeling sad that you are all so far away again. I like that you are back to blogging but am sad that this is the way I see what is happening in your life.
ReplyDeleteDearest Danny and Al,thanks so much for your honest and refreshing blog. Like the night we spent with you recently. Miss you heaps, you're in our prayers. Mike and Christy
ReplyDelete