Today I finished my last assignment for my last subject for the Masters in Counselling that I have been doing for 6 long years.


I feel like SO much has happened during that time - like settling into married life with Danny, renovating a house, travelling and having two kids. Not to mention moving overseas.... It has been a busy 6 years but somehow I have managed to fit in studying and I have loved almost every minute of it!
I didn't set out to do my Masters because I wanted to be more qualified or have some letters after my name... It was simply because after I graduated with a Bachelor of Psychology I didn't feel the least bit qualified to actually be a counsellor or therapist. I realised that Psychology had given me next to nothing in terms of practical skills and I needed to do some more study to get to the point I wanted to be at. So I heard about the Masters course at Christian Heritage College and how practical it was, not just in terms of skills but also in dealing with my own issues that might get in the way of working with other people. It has been all of that and more.
I am so very thankful for being given the opportunity- To live in a country like Australia where a young woman can basically have the government pay for me to complete a post graduate course. Wow - that really is amazing!
So thankyou to all of the people who have helped me get there - who have encouraged me, looked after my kids, cooked, proofread assignments and done everything possible to help me achieve my goal.
Especially to Danny and my Mum because without them I don't think I would have gotten there.
So these are some pics of our very "special party dinner for Mummy finishing school".
We have found a great new mexican place and got takeout to have on our backdeck - perfect - except for the absence of some people that would have made it all the more special...

I spy a very cool bib in the first picture!! And I don't think you shouldn't write things that make me cry! Well done - you've done a great job at juggling so much at once.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Al! Lots of hard work :-)
ReplyDeleteLet's have another celebration dinner next week when I am there.
ReplyDeleteI second the second celebration dinner with your Mum, Al. Heartiest Congrations Al - I am also crying with happiness for you. You are amazing and gorgeous with it!!
ReplyDeleteWell done!!!! You had a good support team and lots of prayers were had to get you through. Enjoy your time with Mum.....wish it was me.....only 2 months to go - well 8 weeks(sounds quicker!???)Give all a hug from me!!!Auntie Sandie
ReplyDelete