After a number of slightly embarrassing episodes where I had no idea about what a sign said, I decided to do a quick visit to the optometrist before we left Australia. It was a difficult undertaking as I had two little boys with me, who thought sitting on my lap demanding an eye check was more fun than watching the dvd on the iPad that I had brought along for entertainment. We all survived, although I am not sure if the graduate optometrist quite knew what had hit her. The outcome of the eye test was that I no longer needed my old glasses (which I had stopped wearing months ago) but now need new ones for driving (boohoo).
What was I to do? My trusty glasses advisor, Linda, is an awfully long way away & I have no idea about where any glasses shops are in America, let alone how to order glasses with an Australian prescription. Then I remembered a web based company that my cousin was telling me about & that is where the magic started...
This company, Zenni Optical, allow you to view their frames online, upload your own photo& try on the frames that you like. Last night, while I skyping with Linda, we shared screen shots & she could see me trying different pairs of glasses on the photo I had uploaded. How cool is that?! She helped me choose glasses from the other side of the world. Linda even said that it was easier than going shopping together because we didn't have to coordinate schedules. She is in busy Easterfest planning time so I guess that is understandable.
Here we are! Excuse the photo, let's just say that I am jetlagged & leave it at that...
Don't you just love the internet? I wouldn't have wanted to move overseas without it!

What a great way to get style advice. Did you get the lenses that go darker in the sun?
ReplyDeleteno they were heaps more expensive so I ordered a pair with sunglasses lenses & then another normal pair for $10.
ReplyDelete