Wednesday, June 23, 2010

wrinkles...


I keep on getting suprised by something that really shouldn't suprise me at all-

I'm getting old...

I see pictures of myself now and I have wrinkles! Danny says they are laugh wrinkles and that is the good kind but I don't know. I just didn't think that it was time to start looking old yet. I thought that I had a few more years.



I also never thought I would be one of those women that you might know, read about or see in movies who continually moan about the aging process and how they are faring. And yet... I am starting to understand their point.

I just keep on getting a suprise everytime I realise - I'm grown up and my body is starting to show it. I don't mind the funny tummy - I've got two boys to show for that and I am rather proud of having carried those two big babies around for 9 1/2 long months. Its the wrinkles that I am having trouble accepting.

And yet... I've had 29 years of smiling, frowning and laughing to show for them so maybe I've earned them too.

5 comments:

  1. Try to attribute a great memory to each wrinkle - that way you can get some pleasure out of them at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photo of you two sisters xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you wonderful sister. You just caused me to notice my own wrinkles which I had been happily ignoring.

    Sigh......

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait till your hair starts going grey - at least Danny has a head start on you there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Sue's idea - I'm going to take on that bit of advice for myself. And as for the grey hair, I figure it's all part of God's answer when I pray for wisdom... :) now, I'm off to count up how many good memories I can attribute to my aging. (By the way Al, I reckon being in the states will help... they always look younger over there - not so much sun maybe? :) xo Suz

    ReplyDelete