I continue to be amazed at the rich friendships & realtionships that I have formed in Toowoomba. I dropped in to visit my old workplace, Young Women's Place, this morning & although I left my position there before Jamin was born, in a lot of ways it was as though I had never left. It was the same feeling when I crashed a Fresh Hope graduation last week. I just feel overwhelmed by the friendship & community that keeps meeting me as I reconnect with people & places around here.
Professionally, I am being reenergised in myself to begin thinking seriously about where & how I would like to practice when we return to Toowoomba. I continue to be greeted by the networks that I have built & the need that is around this area. And it amazes me how all of my previous work is coming together to prepare me for what the next step might be in my work as a counsellor.
My role as a mother is the most important thing that I will do in my life but I also have this desire within me to use the other skills that I have. The skills that I have developed over many years of study and experience. I want to become an integral part of this community again & reach out with what I have.
It will be an interesting journey... and I am feeling just a bit excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment