Last week we had a break in the below zero weather, as in it reached maybe 6'C. This felt so warm to me that we headed out of the house & our self imposed exile to visit our local park. Jamin rode his bike, which needs some adjusting, he must have grown a bit taller in the last few months & I squeezed Kael into the pram in his snow suit.
Riding past the swimming pool we noticed that it was filled & mostly frozen over. The slide also has some ice at the bottom. Pretty funny thing to see we thought!
Kael got out of the pram & attempted to walk. Being so wrapped up in clothes doesn't do much for his sense of balance but he keeps trying. Jamin is no longer wearing a helmet because he starting throwing a hissy fit that it was so cold. The best I could do was pull his hood up & hope that the helmet police didn't see. By the way, did you know that its not even illegal for motorbike riders to ride without a helmet. Something about Americans wanting to keep their civil rights. So I don't think they would care about a kid not wearing a helmet on a bike path but the Mummy in me felt guilty...
The very icy swings. We didn't stay long, it was just too cold, but we did enjoy getting out in the fresh air & seeing our favourite places covered in snow. I just can't wait till spring arrives!




There is one very "summery" Isaiah counting sleeps till his cousins arrive Al. I get fairly regular updates on your arrival time from him, accompanied by big smiles as he tells me about it. Praying for safe & happy travel for the 5 of you. Love,
ReplyDeleteBeth