We opted to stay in Salt Lake City this weekend to do a few more tourist spots that we hadn't gotten to yet. I am finding it hard to believe that we have been here 14 months now & are winding up our adventure. Some parts of me are feeling sad but other parts are very excited to be moving back to our family & the life we have in Australia. We have some very strong connections in Toowoomba, both Danny & I having lived there our whole lives, & there is so much that we love about the town & people in it. Saying that, I am going to miss living at the foot of these amazing mountains!
Back to our weekend!
On Saturday morning we went to Thanksgiving Point & saw the Museum of Ancient Life. It was very impressive. A great mix of information & hands on activities for the kids. Isn't it great when you don't have to follow little kids around a museum saying "Don't touch that" & "Slow down". Well, I might have said that a few times but it was still an awesome morning.
The kids play area of to the side of the life size Supersaurous & Brontesaurous. They were cool!
Another view of the Supersaurous.
The sand & water play table where you could build dams & canyons then play with the dinousaur's in them.
Build you own dinosaur - I loved this one!
Dinosaur bones to be puzzled together on the ground & then placed up on a huge magnetic wall.
A dinosaur just for climbing on.
Excavation time! - They provided the dinosaur bones & brushes. The kids had to dig them out.
Danny & Kael hanging out in the excavation pit.
Sorry about the photo quality. We only had Danny's iPhone & it was quite dark. You get the idea anyway... a great morning out!


No comments:
Post a Comment