![]() |
| Photo courtesy of Linda Moes - Oregan, U.S.A. |
I have been feeling a little, no a lot, homesick in the last month or so. But I have gathered some very loved & cherished old friends around me to fill up the quieter hours of the day.
Can you guess who or what...?
Books.
Yes, books are my old cherished friends who warm my life up, even as I read the stories for the fourth, sixth & for some, the twelfth time.
So are you interested to know which books I turn to when life is feeling a little grey & lonely?
Here's the list.
The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon
The Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich
The Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer
The Belgariad & Mallorean Series by David Eddings
They may just help these last few months over here pass a little faster...

I have "friends" that have gone everywhere with me since they have belonged to me. The Billabong Books by Mary Grant Bruce are fifteen OLD books that were once my Grandma's and have gone with me to boarding school, Uni in Bendigo packed up securely in a box in the back of my ute, back to Qld to a few differnt places, Timbertop and now sitting in pride of place on a shelf in our lounge room. The removalists never get to touch these special books, I pack them up myself every time they travel! They are the place I go to to hide and feel close to somehere I love. Only one move left for them now I hope! I have started reading them aloud to the boys and I hope that they too can establish a special friendship with them that takes hold of a little corner of their hearts! I can completely relate Al!!!
ReplyDelete