What did I do this morning after I hustled the boys out of the house for their "Ginger Day"? Well, I gathered the washing (it didn't quite make it downstairs to the machine yet) & did the washing up...
Then I made a cup of tea, reheated some pikelets, found my book & hightailed it out to the deck off our bedroom which calls lovingly to me most mornings while I am rushing around my room trying to get dressed amongst little ones playing super heros.
And this is where I spent the next hour... reading, resting, enjoying the warm breeze, the peace & quiet that is my house on a Thursday. Ahh...
This is what I see when I look up...
Then I look to the side...
I think I may be in love with this tree.
And then I look inside... hmm... maybe I shouldn't look inside because I see all the jobs that need doing & feel a little guilty for sitting on my butt reading, again. What can I say? I don't sew or create in the ways so many other Mamas seem to be doing these days. I read. A lot. The outcome? I have a really good vocabulary & can out spell most others. That will have to do.
Happy Thursday to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment