Friday, June 10, 2011

:: positive discipline ::



I have been working through some parenting shifts & picked out some random books from the library last week to browse. I wanted to share one of the gems that I found in case you were interested.

Positive Discipline A - Z by Nelson, Lott & Glenn shares some great ideas around parenting in a "kind but firm" way that is still respectful & focused on teaching life skills to your kids. They offer lots of real life examples, a planning ahead to prevent future problems section, life skills children can learn & parenting pointers for many different situations that parents are confronted with as their children grow. They address the differences in age for most topics as well which can be very helpful. 

Some of their resources are also available as an E-download if you are interested. 

I hope that you find it as helpful as I have!


1 comment:

  1. I wonder if this will be helpful in disciplining my disobedient felines....

    ReplyDelete