I have a confession to make... I am coveting my 3 year old sons new shoes. Ever since I was 16 year old fire twirler I have wanted a pair of Converse flame shoes & now we have a pair... unfortunately they are in the wrong size 8. Little boy size 8, not women's size 8. Oh well, I will stick with my black & white pair & just live vicariously through Jamin. I think they may just look better on him anyway.
My favourite part of the morning was when I was taking them off & I asked if they felt good to wear while we were out. Jamin looked at me with a cheeky smile & said "Well... they were a bit hot... cause they have fire on them." My boy just made a joke & it was actually funny! So proud!
My favourite part of the morning was when I was taking them off & I asked if they felt good to wear while we were out. Jamin looked at me with a cheeky smile & said "Well... they were a bit hot... cause they have fire on them." My boy just made a joke & it was actually funny! So proud!
Now I do have a request to make... I have Jamin in a new pair of size 4 Gap jeans that fit quite well except they are extremely long. As you can see in the photos above I have gone with the option of folding them up into big cuffs. Cutting & hemming isn't an option because he is a growing 3 year old & will no doubt need the length sooner rather than later. So does the folding look ok or do the kids fashion gurus reading have any other suggestions? This one has me a little perplexed.
Kael has just grown into a beautiful light jumper that Jamin was still wearing when we arrived a year ago & I do believe that he looks gorgeous in it.

Iron on hemming tape - no sewing or cutting required and when you need to change it you can just heat it up and pull it off again!
ReplyDeleteAND if you are going to that GAP shop again you NEED to let me know first! I want to go shopping 'with' you.
Arrgghhh...buying kids jeans!!! I have just been through this with Lachie and it is seriously a job I put off for as long as I can!!! I actually think the big cuffs look kinda cool and work with his funky new shoes but then I've never heard of hemming tape either as I have a pretty cool sewing lady just down the road at the moment! I know GAP jeans always seemed to fit well around the top of my kids when I could find them on eBay.
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts... He's THREE! Everything looks great. Dress him in whatever he wants. Dress him as dorky as possible! Do whatever you want with his jeans and say - to anyone who tells you that kids' fashion is important - "Step back and get a reality check"! And then go and paint something with your beautiful boys, with passion and abandon.
ReplyDeleteAmen , Di! You're the Mum -use that excuse while you can- They soon become boss of the wardrobe! One of my granddaughters doesn't like her school uniform because its not trendy -read too wide and too long Very dejavu I remember having conversation like this with my Mum and my daughters!Jane post
ReplyDelete