Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fishing for 'Table Time'


Most days Jamin and Kael spend some time at the table while I am making dinner or doing jobs around the house. It gives me a chance to catch up on housework and them a great opportunity to learn self-control and focus on a game or task that I give them.

Recently Ainsley gave me a great resource called "Preschool Activities in a Bag" which has 20 or so easily made activities using things from around the house. Ainz, the wonderful friend that she is, started me off by sending us a few of the activity bags in the mail (that was an exciting day!) and now I have begun my part of the collection by making the "Let's Go Fishing" Bag.

Jamin had a great time trying it out this afternoon and I had lots of fun making it. Oftentimes I get just as much pleasure out of making toys for him as he does in playing with it. We are a good team!

Next up... Bean Bag Toss.

No comments:

Post a Comment