I have always intended to be one of those Mums that let their kids get
dirty & muddy & wet
splashing in puddles
playing in mud
rolling in the sand
generally just exploring the world around us -
touching & sometimes even tasting it!
So this week when we were having an early morning playdate at our local park, Jamin & his new friend Boston found some great puddles that the sprinklers had just created.
So, despite being out and on our bikes I couldn't help but let them be little boys.
Watch the progress - suffice to say, Jamin went home naked :)
Jamin is still talking about splashing in puddles with Boston.
"Can we please do it again Mum?"
How can I say no?
How fun - Isaiah just came inside naked too. It rained last night and he wanted to go outside to see what dad was doing with a chainsaw. I thought this was ok, but I didn't think about wet slides or grass. So he removed his own wet clothes and played happily until he came in declaring 'I NEED A WARM BATH MUMMY'.
ReplyDeleteI love letting them be kids - but gee I miss all year round summer.
Looks like so much fun Jammy!!! Lovely weather for it over there for now hey. Mind you we still found a way to splash in puddles mid winter in Vic with a near to fool proof waterproofing system!!!
ReplyDelete