Danny & I traded time to ourselves yesterday. He went snowboarding in the morning & I got to escape to the movies in the afternoon. I feel pretty excited to have discovered that our local cinema, 5 minutes down the road, charges $1.50 for a ticket! How crazy is that? I couldn't help comparing it to the Toowoomba cinema which charges something like $13. I will definately be going back!
I went to see Life as We Know it, which is a chick flick about two Godparents who end up having to take on a 1 year old girl when their friends die in a car accident. See the trailer here. It was just the girly escape that I needed yesterday afternoon - I laughed, cried, envied clothes & may even have appreciated the male leads physique just a little bit (but only because he reminds me so much of my husband :) It was pretty funny to see all the challenging parts of parenthood so well portrayed in a movie.
I returned home in a good mood for having taken some time out. It is amazing how you appreciate being able to sit down & watch a movie uninterrupted for 2 hours when you have little kids. What a phase of life this is!?
No comments:
Post a Comment