Wednesday, January 26, 2011

:: the last knitting update ::

I have some news for those of you following my knitting journey. The beautiful scarf has now been completed! The question is... who completed it?


Who is this mystery knitter that would allow herself to be convinced to finish yet another project that her daughter started...


Why my Mum of course!


She also knit me this cute matching headband that I have been seeing a lot around the city on other girls heads. I wanted one & my Mum is smart enough to be able to make it in one night without a pattern. 
Isn't she amazing!?

So are you ready to hear the reasoning behind handing over the completion of the scarf?

We leave for Australia in 10 days & I really wanted to be able to wear my scarf before we left. At my current rate of knitting output there was no way that was going to happen. So I decided that my desire to wear & enjoy the scarf outweighed my need to finish it myself. My Mum is a super knitter & she basically had that last ball knitted up in about 2 days whereas it would have taken me much longer. 


So judge me or not - here I am, a happy girl with a new pretty scarf that I intend to wear everyday for the next week & a bit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment