Wednesday, January 19, 2011

< the great toy sort >

It has been a heck of a long day with me battling the cold that Kael so kindly passed on, so I apologise about the late post. But as you can see I have been very busy.

You wouldn't think that we arrived in Salt Lake City 9 months ago with only a couple of boxes of toys. Admittedly, all the toys that you can see surrounding me were either second hand or birthday presents but it does feel a bit excessive. Luckily I just plan to hand them all back to the secondhand shop when we head home. 


So the well thought out plan was to split the toys evenly into 6 boxes corresponding to each day of the week. Wednesday is missing because that is the day the boys go to daycare. I also plan to have a few big toys, like Duplo or Little People sets, that the boys can play with each day. 


Split into their boxes.


The only storage place I could think of that is out of the boys sight & reach is the top of Jamin's cupboard. I will take down a different one each day when the boys get up & we will return it before bed time. Thats the plan...!


My lovely new tidy toy shelf in the lounge room with all of the boxed toys. I may need to rethink this set up because a certain little monkey has already climbed up trying to reach the third shelf. 

"That bottom row of boxes are for climbing, right Mum?"


I also had to add in a photo of my new bookends that I picked up today out at Park City. Aren't they gorgeous? I have been looking for quite a long time & I think these owls are just perfect to mind my parenting books!

With the little ones in bed & a tired, aching body fighting the latest cold, I don't think that it'll be long till I follow them. Goodnight all...

4 comments:

  1. Al, you have some great ideas! I hope they work, sometime little heads have different ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Al,
    I love your posts...so much about real life. Just had a battle with our crazy amount of toys last week too. I have no idea where they all came from. Mysterious really! Hope you are feeling better. C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Al, I am in love with the owl bookends - what a great find!
    Hope you are feeling better soon, so glad you have Mum there to look after you! Love ya! Lars

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Lara on the owls Al! LOVE them!!!

    ReplyDelete