Danny leaves for Australia this afternoon so I will be solo parenting for the next 10 days.
He has strategic planning meetings for work most of the week and will use the weekends to catch up with family and the multiple new babies that have been born since we left 4 months ago.
I am feeling somewhat envious of his trip although in reality it will mean jetlag, busy meetings and lots of people wanting time with him. He does get to experience the peace of a plane flight without kids. He can eat, watch movies and even sleep!
None of this for him this trip. One bag is all he's got!

I am not sure how I am going to go being left behind with the boys. One part of me knows that there is no sane reason to attempt to go with him but I feel sad to miss out on seeing friends, babies and beloved family members. My heart will certainly be going with him.
Will keep you updated on how the week is going but in the meantime if anyone has any tips for staying sane and emotionally together with a travelling husband let me know. I could use all the help I can get right now! I have done it lots of time before but always made the most of my family living just down the road. This time I am in a new country with only a handful of very new friends. A little overwhelming but I will just take it one day at a time...
One day at a time, just loving your little boys, what doesn't get done doesn't matter, and treat yourself once the boys are down for the night - bubble bath sound inviting?!?!
ReplyDeleteWe'll be praying for you over here and wishing you were here too, don't worry.
Lots of Love, Sue and Lindsay