Wednesday, August 25, 2010

* a trip to the aquarium *

Yesterday was a bit of a rough day emotionally. You know those days when you actually don't speak to any other adults & feel like you just might go crazy? Well it wasn't quite that bad but close...

So this morning when the boys woke up earlier than I would have liked and began the day in tears I was counting on Mummy's Group to provide a bit of welcome distraction and conversation... until it was cancelled.

So what was I to do? Stay home, feel sorry for myself and be a grumpy mum... or get out of the house and do something fun. I chose the latter and we had the best morning at the aquarium!

It is a 5 minute drive away, very cheap (kids under 3 free & adults only $9!), and great for kids of any age (a huge plus when you have very little ones).

Here are some pictures of our fantastic morning!

Looking for Nemo & Marlin & Dory


Me & my little one


There were about 5 stingrays in this pool that you can reach down & touch.
They kinda feel rubbery. Amazing!
Of course - Jamin & Kael got pretty wet.


I love this shot - two peas in a pod
(as Jamin would say after we explained the saying to him a couple of weeks ago. cute huh?)


Looking at the kid height tanks & feeling excited he's a big boy now


Having words with the grumpy fish


The touch & feel tank


Very interested in the sea snakes hissing at him.
I love that he is starting to interact with the world around him. So fun!


The new penguin exhibit!
It was so exciting to watch them dive in & out of the pool, waddle around & make funny cooing noises. Photos were a bit difficult due to the condensation on the glass.


Funny fact for the day: a colony of penguins is also called a waddle!

So that was our very fun, adventurous morning out. I have decided at $43 for an annual family membership we are definately going to make the most of the aquarium this year. Going to be a great winter's day activity.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Al, Sounds like you are doing a great job managing the solo parenting and finding ways to meet the needs of the kids and yourself. I am so glad you had a great outing today! Love you, Lara

    ReplyDelete
  2. They certainly are lovely photos Al. GOOD ON YOU!
    I can't wait to share such a lovely place with our little boys.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete