Tonight was the long awaited night of the Wiggly Circus Concert. Anyone who knows Jamin knows that he is a super keen Wiggles fan. He has moved through many phases of favourite characters from Murray to the Big Red Car to Greg but lately has settled on Dorothy the Dinosaur. So great was the love affair that we had to bring a rather large Dorothy the Dinosaur with us when we moved over to Utah.
So when I heard that the Wiggles were coming to Salt Lake City I got embarrassingly excited and jumped on the net to buy tickets for Jamin's 3rd birthday present. Sadly the embarrassment doesn't end there... to make the most of the Wiggles concert experience for my beloved first born I also helped him make a poster for the concert. Because we were sitting in the 3rd row (more parental embarrassment but I figure if we are going to go I actually want to be able to see them...) Sam actually read it out! Danny had been rather negative about the poster up to this point but in some kind of Murphy's law he was the one who was holding the sign, while I juggled Kael, and he had to answer when Sam asked him where we were from in Australia. A rather satisfying moment for me.
We also made a bone for Wags the Dog and bought roses for Dorothy the Dinosaur which Anthony collected from Jamin.
Another rose for Dorothy from a little girl in the audience.
A special drum song from The Wiggles and Captain Feathersword.
Growing Strong song
What is rather amusing in this picture is the look of delight on Danny and my faces and the looks of bewilderment on the boys faces. There is something about seeing something in reality that your kid has been obsessed for the past two years that is very exciting!
There were some noteworthy comments made by Jamin on the way home in the car
- "I want to go back to the Wiggly concert" - an expected response to a quick exit before the crowds got out.
- "What is the website?" - this one took us ages to figure out because we have never actually heard Jamin say website. He reckons that he saw a website on the projector screen they were playing Wiggles plugs on before the show. Oh my!
- "I want to talk to Dorothy. What is her phone number?" - Hmm... already asking for phone numbers. How do you answer that question? Why doesn't Dorothy have a phone number? She's not real. .... Do I really want to go down that road on why Dorothy is not real? I don't think so.
So all in all an amazing night where we got to see our little boys hero's up close. It was worth every penny (literally!).
Oh wow Alison...getting the Wiggles to read Danny's...I mean your sign is great. They are brilliant in concert aren't they. So funny! We saw them in Toowoomba last time they were there.
ReplyDeleteFantastic! Nothing like making your kids memories :)
ReplyDeleteGreg
You make me laugh and cry all at once. I'm very impressed with the sign and that Danny had to answer, very funny. I also love the photo of you both looking so excited and the kids looking rather confused. What a great memory.
ReplyDelete