Tuesday, August 17, 2010

< what i've been reading >


There is nothing better than randomly picking up a book from a shelf at the library and it turning out to be 5 stars. That was the case with...

Greyhound by Steffan Piper

It's a beautifully written story about a young boy who comes from a dysfunctional home who is put on a bus on his own to travel across America to his grandparents home. He meets all sorts of characters along the way, all of whom are introduced so richly that you feel very close to them by the end of the story. It is one of the few books that I have read that made me want to contact the author to say what a great job he had done (of course, with life happening, I didn't get around to it...).

So if you like to read, go hunting to find this one. It's worth the read!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Al!!! I've been really stuck for something decent to read and often find the library a bit overwhelming if I don't know exactly what I'm looking for. I'll be looking out for that one now. Happy reading, Love Jen

    ReplyDelete