Since our return back to Salt Lake City, Jamin has been campaigning for a new big red car. He asked where the old one got to? Umm, I think it got thrown in the bin when it broke. But what are cardboard box toys for if not to make, play with, then throw out when they get forgotten & sit in the way for a few weeks?
This time I hedged & told Jamin that it was definately a Daddy project & we would need to wait for the weekend. Daddy was warned all ready to go last Saturday afternoon, with new ideas for the biggest & the best Big Red Car of the Smith Family ToyBox Creations ever! Unfortunately to start out with, Jamin was not the most willing participant. Instead he opted to pass out on the caterpillar pillow despite numerous attempts to wake him up.
Kael was very excited about the whole process.
Jamin working on colouring in the wheels.
Some final adjustments & the windscreen is looking quite nice!
Time to go outside to paint. I managed to come out unscathed by the red paint.
And the finished product is best shown in a video, although it is a bit on the long side. Those of you who persist will get to enjoy a lovely Big Red Car song duet from Jamin & I.
I must say, I do love a good family box creation project & have a great idea in mind for a huge box sitting downstairs. Perfect for a new play house I think! But I am keeping that one up my sleeve for a quiet afternoon when I am going crazy being stuck inside with the kids. Spring has retreated yet again & we just had four days of snow & cold weather. Oh well, I have faith that it will come - the new buds on the trees are promising me that!


No comments:
Post a Comment