Thursday, April 14, 2011

+ the glasses game - part 2 +

After 2 weeks of anticipation, my new glasses finally arrived today. I had visions of happiness but also swirlings of fear in my belly, wondering "did I really choose glasses over the internet?". Yes, I did

I opened them up, unwrapped the unwieldly blue plastic cases & saw something that I had failed to notice on the webpage - the sunglasses were more pink coloured than brown & there were some awful sparkly crystals on the sides. I put them on & thought "there is no way that I can wear these sunglasses in public, maybe in the privacy of my car but I would still be embarrassed". I ran upstairs to check on the site that I had actually ordered the right ones & then saw something that I should have noticed before placing my order... the description contains the words "sparkling crystals". 

I am officially stripped of my Glasses Ordering Guru title immediately.

If you don't believe me, I took photos. I wonder if Linda should share any of the blame for this as she was my 'other side of the world assistant'?


Jamin's thoughts on the matter were "They look a little bit funny, Mum". But he was happy enough to pose for the picture so he can't be too embarrassed yet.


The second pair are a bit better, although I do feel a little like a middle aged man. Maybe because they were grouped as 'unisex' on the webpage?


So if I was playing a glasses game, then I think that I lost...

No more internet purchasing of glasses for me.

1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious Alison (at your expense though I'm sorry) "sparkling crystals" that is just too funny!!!

    ReplyDelete