This was another random find at the library but I really enjoyed the story & the writing style of the author, Allegra Goodman. She has written a number of other books that I think I will search out if my cherubs give me a moment to search for my own books on our next library visit.
The basic storyline is of 2 sisters who lost their mother in their early childhood. They are polar opposites, think motivated & sophisticated verses arty & philosophical but are drawn together in their sisterhood & lack of other family attachments. The story follows Jessamine & Emily as they negotiate adulthood & try to find some middle ground between their very different personalities.
I found the glimpses into the girls lives interesting. Jess works at a rare bookshop & is involved with Save the Trees foundation and Emily is a graduate of MIT & has her own internet startup company, complete with rich entrepreneurial boyfriend.
If you are interested in reading the New York Times review, click here.
Definately recommended reading - 3 out of 5 stars.
No comments:
Post a Comment