Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Be kind...


Be kind,
for everyone is facing
a great battle...

Philo

It is about the easiest thing in the world to judge someone else for what they are or are not doing. I find myself doing this and am trying to continually remember that everyone is doing the best that they can within a situation. Whether that be parenting, relationships, choices, family.... whatever.

I really do believe that when I choose to love and accept instead of judging and criticising everyone feels better for it. Although judgement allows me to feel better than someone for a time, it also means that I have distanced myself from walking closely with that person. I am choosing to not find out more of where they are coming from. It means that we cannot have a interesting and enlightening conversation about our ideas and views. It means that we are separate with little hope of connection. And I don't know about you but for me connection is a beautiful thing.

So... this is what I am working on right now in my life.

Choosing to believe that people really are doing their best with what they are facing and choosing not to judge but to listen and look and ask.

share with me... what are your thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. This is a good reminder Al - no one's life is perfect and we don't know what hidden struggles people are facing.

    Everyone is doing their best (or so we can choose to hope).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great way of thinking but easier said than done at times. A good reminder though Al thanks!
    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Al, you have written about something I so totally agree with. I have so many thoughts and emotions swirling that I can't write about it. Being kind, positive and supportive is something that really shouldn't be that hard and when we are open to people that's when God steps in, initiates, shows us where He is already working and invites us to join Him.

    ReplyDelete