Thursday, August 19, 2010

driving test


This morning I did something that I had been dreading since we decided to move to Utah. I took a driving test for a Utah Drivers License. I have these memories that are filled with emotions and pictures... of a cool Toowoomba morning, feeling young and very nervous, sitting in a car with an old guy who had the power to grant me freedom. So obviously when thinking of having to do another driving test that all came flooding back to me.

But you know what? It was easy!

I think that the difference this time was that I have about 12 years driving experience now as compared to the 6 months first time round. I even had the whole driving on the other side of the road thing down as we have been here for 4 months now and it has mostly become 2nd nature.

So I am a happy and relieved girl right now. I even rewarded myself with some of my favourite bagels which I think deserve a blog feature all of their own at a later date.

Hooray for me!


In case your wondering... the actual card takes about 3 weeks in the mail.
Guess some things move slowly around here...

If you're clever you might have noticed that I am not actually driving the car in the first picture! It's the only picture of me in a car that I had :)

2 comments:

  1. When I saw the photo had to stop and mentally picture which side of the car I'm sitting on when driving over here and why were sitting on that side of the car on the other side of the road??? Messed with my head real easy this morning!!! :) Congratulations Al!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOORAY!! Congratulations Al!! It was definitely soo much easier than the cold Toowoomba test with the crazy old grumpy man!! Well done! ;)
    Looking forward to the bagels blog post... ;)

    ReplyDelete