I haven't confirmed it with Danny yet but I think that yesterday may have been the worst birthday he has ever had. Sad huh? Even worse than the one where he tore his meniscus cup in his knee wakeboarding. At least that day he got to go out on the water in the boat.
The photos show just about the only bright spots in an otherwise cold & dreary day. I was sick in bed with a terrible flu & the boys conspired to stage a mutiny against the remaining adults in the house. He had to go & buy his own birthday cake & cook the steak out in the freezing weather for his birthday dinner. I am feeling a bit better today so am going to take him out to dinner tonight to make up for it. This was also the only birthday that he hasn't shared with his twin brother Scott, who celebrated his in Australia on our Sunday.
Opening his only present - red licorice from Australia. The rest have been bought already or are yet to be bought. Danny is a hard one to buy for as he just goes out & buys everything that he needs.
Jamin accompanied Happy Birthday on his guitar. Gorgeous!
Kael enjoyed the cake.
Cooking his own 1 1/2 inch thick birthday steaks on the barbecue in the snow. Looks cold huh?!
At least he can try again next year...

I think Scotts was about the same! He didn't even get a cake because we were going to get a sponge while we were out but then we couldn't get out and I didn't have enough eggs to make him one. Sad hey!! Perhaps they should spend it together again next year.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday Danny - bummer about the day...some birthday's are just like that - especially with little kids (not to mention dud time of the year to have a birthday)...mine is on Jan 5 .....I often think about rescheduling it to March or September :)))
ReplyDelete