This morning we ventured out of the house to This is the Place Heritage Park. It's basically an outdoor park based on the history of the Mormons coming to settle in Salt Lake City. I have been meaning to take our last 3 visitors here but never got to it. A little ironically, we finally make it in the dead of winter when not much is happening. The boys were nonetheless happy because we got to take a train tour around the park. They didn't mind the cold because we were all rugged up in our jackets, mittens & beanies
Some beautiful views of the mountains.
Brigham Youngs forest farmhouse. He didn't actually live here but housed 4 of his wives & threw a lot of parties. And this is the leader of the Mormon church?
Another beautiful view across Salt Lake City.
These trees behind Gran & the boys are Northern Oaks and are 2000 - 4000 years old. Wow!
Some of the few animals left in the Park. The rest have gone to Nevada for the winter & are apparently very happy.
Horses, in case you didn't know. Kael thought they were cows :)
Jamin & I taking a self portrait. Thanks for the hat Ainz!
The reindeer that are in the park for the special Christmas lights they have on at night. Would have been great to go but I cannot face a nighttime outing with two young boys in the dead of winter. Kael got very excited to see them but seems to be a little stuck on his cow sign for most animals he sees. I can understand that.
A good morning out!
I so enjoy reading about your adventures in Salt Lake City & seeing the pics, Alison. God Bless! Lois S.
ReplyDelete