I read the Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood last year & was suprised by how much I enjoyed it. So when I saw the latest offering from the same author, Rebecca Wells, at the library last week I snapped it up. This story has the same small town, soul connected community feel as Ya-Ya but the main character, Calla Lily Ponder, is a much more down to earth character. The author follows her life from a young girl , through her teenage years & into her life's calling as a beautician. That may sound like its frivolous but this book has a depth of story telling that makes you feel like you are gently floating down the La Luna River whilst reading it.
It gets a lazy 4 stars from me.

I hope that is out of 5 and not 10!! Otherwise it is a less than average book.
ReplyDeleteThanks Al for the review - I might just have to look that one up myself - always good to hear about new books worth my time picking up. xo Suz
ReplyDeleteyes its out of 5 ainsley. i'd also recommend reading Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood too. I think Linda has a copy?
ReplyDelete