Danny & I were totally spoiled today by Danny's parents looking after the boys so that we could have the day to ourselves. We started off having a late breakfast at Silverfork Lodge, a great bar & restaurant just before Solitude Ski Resort.
A photo of me sitting next to a toasty fire, waiting for our pancake stack whilst watching the snow fall outside. This is the life!
Next we headed up to Solitude and hit the slopes for some snowboarding. Today it finally clicked & I was linking turns coming down "Easy Street", the beginners slope. After perfecting some turns Danny took me up the Moonbeam chairlift & I scared myself coming down "Same Street". Have a look on the map & see if you can follow our path. After a beer in the heated pub overlooking the slopes we headed over to the Sunrise lift & headed down "North Star". It was very steep & I got pretty scared. There was so much snow that it was affecting our visibility & there was almost too much powder to try & board through. It was rough & I was tired so I ended up getting out of my bindings & walking down the last part of the slope. A big day but lots of progress!
Danny & I on the Link chairlift.
So much snow!
A cute picture of our boards outside the pub.
We returned hot very soggy & sore to some welcoming children who have steadily deteriorated into grumpy children as the afternoon has progressed. Glad we had the morning off!


No comments:
Post a Comment