Thursday, December 23, 2010

:: a steamy penguin ::

At 4327 feet or 1320 meters the air up here in Salt Lake City is pretty dry & in the middle of winter its very common for people to have humidifiers on in their houses during the day. We only had a small one that we bought for when the kids were sick after we first arrived. But with winter & sick kids I decided that I needed to look at buying another one. 

So I headed down to my new favourite shop called Deseret Industries. Basically its a Mormon second hand store & it is huge! It seriously is a mega op shop & I have gotten numerous bargains there. My only regret is that I didn't discover it until we had bought all of the necessities after we arrived. They have everything there!

So look what I found still boxed, unused & with its warranty card for $7 yesterday? A cute penguin humidifier that retails for $40 at ToysRus. 


I think I get far too much pleasure out of a bargain but this penguin makes me happy every time I look at his steamy beak. Jamin likes it too & has been inventing games about fire breathing penguins all day.

3 comments: