The long awaited first snowboarding session happened this morning & I am certainly feeling the effects of it now! It was exciting, not too cold & a little tricky learning all of the new moves that go into snowboarding. It has been a while since I have learnt a new sport & I always forget how challenging it can be. We had an awesome instructor who really got us cemented into the basics & can count on two new devotees.
Danny & I, with Julie the instructor, at the top of "Easy Street", the beginners run. I now know that I should not have my arms up like I am flying. Snowboarding is a strictly lower body sport.
Danny cutting it up.
Super Danny has come away with the award for the day in having successfully picked up snowboarding in the shortest amount of time. Julie said that its pretty rare for someone to graduate from the beginners slope to the intermediate one by the end of their first lesson. But that's my man - and I am pretty proud of him! I can only hope that my two sons have inherited their father's abilities when it comes to athleticism.
I didn't do too bad either but I fell... a lot. Right now my tailbone is screaming at me every time I move due to a pretty nasty backwards downhill stack which made me thankful for the dorky helmet on my head. If only they made butt helmets... Coming in a close second in the pain competition is my right elbow which bore the brunt of about half a dozen heelside stacks. Then bringing up the rear is my right wrist which I think might has snapped in two if not for the wrist guards that our friend Valerie lent me. Thankyou Valerie!
So I am heading for a warm bath filled with Epsom Salts & will endeavor to forget the housework for today. I had good intentions of the house being lovely & clean for Danny's parents when they arrive on Monday but unfortunately the chances of me wielding a vacuum cleaner this afternoon are nil.
Now wheres that new book?
How typical of Danny to be a star snowboarder! I think he got my share of balanceability as well as his own - probably Linda's too!
ReplyDeletethat's an awesome date Al! I can hardly imagine it but am so happy you guys can have some time out together doing some special stuff! Hope you're feeling better soon, enjoy that nice soak and hope you found your book! :) love Suz
ReplyDeleteDamn you and your natural talent MrSmith!
ReplyDeleteLooks like fun :) Hope the boarding is better than the biking on them hills :)