For the first time in my mothering career I had two helpers in the kitchen this morning & it was challenging to say the least. Danny came up mid baking session to make a coffee & said it was the cutest thing he ever saw. There was no way that I had enough hands to take photos as well!
Yes Kael is balanced rather precariously on the stool there. It was ok when I was beside him but later he took a tumble. Oops. Hopefully the points I get for baking with my kids outweighs my demerit points for failing to catch my one year old when he fell off the stool.
They both ate more cookie dough than they put on the trays but I guess thats expected as well...
The finished product - Choc chip & nut cookies! There are Grandad & Gran, Mummy & Daddy, kid & baby sized ones. Why is it that the kid wants to eat the Grandad ones? Cause they are so yummy!
Here's a cute video featuring a regular conversation that we have about the American & Australian words for things. I got a bit carried away with Kael being cute at the end. Hope you don't mind... By the way - the music playing in the background is Francis England. Aunty Lara sent it to Kael for his birthday & we love it!
The knitting tips were great!
Anyone have any baking with toddlers tips?
I know that it would have made more sense to have Kael sitting on the bench & Jamin on the stool... The beauty of hindsight.

I would use a chair in the corner rather than the stool so that the back of the chair creates another barrier to keep him in and then you would stand next to him to keep the other edge safe.
ReplyDeleteBaking with two is so much more tricky - I'm impressed that there were even cookies to go into the oven at the end. We tend to bake during Jai's sleep time but sometimes we all do it together at the table - I make the dough (while playschool is on) and then they help me roll it into balls safely straped in their highchairs.