Thursday, September 30, 2010

< peanut butter >


After many weeks of procrastination & interruptions I finally got around to making my first batch of homemade peanut butter this morning.

It is a little bit of a lengthy process as I wanted to shell the peanuts first as they are fresher that way. This is actually the second time that I shelled a jar full of them & let me tell you that with 'help' it takes about 30 minutes. The first time I didn't get around to making the peanut butter & we proceeded to eat the shelled ones on our road trip.


The recipe is pretty simple - 200 grams of peanuts & 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil. I didn't have sunflower but did have Safflower so hopefully it substitutes well. Danny likes crunchy peanut butter so I only crushed the nuts for a few seconds on speed 6.


And the finished product! As you can see it only half filled the jar so next time I may need to double the quantities.


2 comments:

  1. How did it taste?? I'm not sure if I can give up my love for Kraft peanut butter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good! Jamin was eating it off his fingers & it tastes just like the peanuts (duh). You should give it a go - much healthier cause theres no additives. You could also add cashews or almonds if you want a more varied taste. I think I'll try that next time.

    ReplyDelete