Wednesday, September 29, 2010

:: a morning ride ::


This morning a few mummy friends & I took our bikes & chariots for a ride along the Jordan River Parkway. There is a good Wikipedia link here with the story of how it all came about. It's a bike/running pathway that basically follows the river across the city. There are parks & tables every few miles so we stopped for a break after going under two road tunnels & one bridge. The kids really loved it.

I am loving getting out on my new bike when I can. I was never much of a rider before but with the chariot & a bike friendly city it has become a wonderful new way to get out of the house & do a little exercise. I must say that the mountains around us are killing me but I guess they are good for me as well. There is a big difference between going on my own or pulling one or two kids in the chariot behind me.

Here's a picture of where we stopped for a play & morning tea.


It also had ducks, tadpoles & maybe some turtles in the creek winding behind the park. We had to monitor the kids pretty closely cause they were pretty interested in getting wet!


It is mornings like this that lift my exhausted spirits & keep me going. I'm grateful for new friends & beautiful surroundings.

1 comment:

  1. I want a bike and chariot! I am glad you have this to keep you busy and moving through your days there. x bec

    ReplyDelete