Saturday, September 25, 2010

:: a dog swimming party! ::

This morning we took a ride down to our local swimming pool to see the annual "Dog Splash". Unlike in Australia, the pool is only open for the summer as the weather changes quickly around here. The pool opens up for the last two Saturdays in September for the local dogs to come & have a swim, a socialise & general frolic about.

It reminded me of a scene that could be added to one of our favourite books "Go Dog Go" by P.D. Eastman. The dogs were so excited to be there & playing & I must say that I got pretty excited to be seeing it all too. It was just so much fun!

Hanging out in the shallow end.


This dog couldn't get enough of jumping off the diving board after his ball. So funny to see him splash in over & over again. Can you spot the tennis ball?


A lot of the dogs had these life jackets or floaties as I liked to call them. It made me laugh but I guess they were new to the whole swimming experience.


What a great start to the weekend. I wonder what Zoe (our family dog back home), Gus & Bojangles (nephew dogs) would have thought of the whole thing...? I would like to think they would be in there, swimming their hearts out.

2 comments:

  1. It's a big dog party! I want to see party hats and cake though!!!

    Wish I was still there with you Allie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is the funniest thing I have seen in a while!

    ReplyDelete