This afternoon we finally made it to our very good friends house in Nanaimo, Vancouver Island.
Danny has known Ben since school days & he married a fabulous Canadian girl, Charlene, a few years ago. We have visited a few times over the years & every time we see them I am struck by the beautiful sense of authenticity & hospitality that they cultivate in their lives & home. I love spending time with them & really wish that we lived closer. I am already working on getting them to come & visit us in SLC sometime soon.
In the picture below we are all checking out the amazing apple tree that they have in their back yard. It had the most amazing apples that we all sampled straight from the tree for afternoon tea. I had never picked my own apples before & I must say that I loved the experience.
I love this photo that Linda took of Danny handing me the apple that he picked for me. Kael ended up stealing it quite quickly so I had to go hunting for my own.
I couldn't resist taking this picture of Kael siting in front of the kale still munching on his apple.
We are going to hang out here for a few nights with Ben, Charlene & Noah then we will head onto the mainland to spend a few days with our family before the big wedding on Saturday. I am very excited about seeing our Canadian & Australian family!
Oh my goodness!!! I went to primary school with Ben...I haven't seen him for years. What a small world! Looks like you guys had an awesome trip. Hope the boys keep sleeping well for you and there's no more rude interuptions from the smoke alarm! :) Say hi to Ben for me.
ReplyDeleteLove Jen