Saturday, September 11, 2010

:: road trip :: boise, idaho ::

a 'borrowed' photo from aunty linda's blog

We set off this morning, not so bright & early, on our way to Vancouver, Canada for my 2nd cousins wedding. We have given ourselves 7 days to drive 1080 miles (or 1730 km for you aussies). I have been vacillating between excitement about seeing some of our family and nervousness about sharing a caravan with my two sleep challenged boys. I have had visions of being up multiple times each night feeding, calming & cuddling them back to sleep.

Today we drove 390 miles (620 km) from Salt Lake City, Utah to Boise, Idaho. The boys travelled quite well thanks to a borrowed dvd player & toys from my 1st u.s.a. friend, Merrilee. She truly is a God send.

Our new trailer is having its first proper trial run & I must say I am impressed. I just had a steaming hot shower without having to walk in the cold to a toilet & shower block. Now that is convenient! Danny just made us cups of tea using our kettle & we are sitting here companionably emailing, blogging & listening to music on the ipod. Ah... does it get any better than this? I fear I am growing soft as I type...

Will let you know how the 1st night goes with my little sleep monsters & where we get to on our drive tomorrow...


2 comments:

  1. Hope the road trip goes well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun in Canada, say hi to Ben for us. Glad to hear you had a safe trip. Love, Mum & Dad

    ReplyDelete