We took my friend Merrilee's family quad bikes out for a ride about an hours drive out of Salt Lake City in the Utah mountains. It was loads of fun but freezing cold!
It was an eventful day starting out with us all on the bikes. Unfortunately as soon as we started riding Kael basically lost it. He, apparently, does not like riding on the back of a quad bike in the freezing cold. Who would have thought?! So we abandoned that plan pretty quickly & rode back to get the car. Kael & I continued on in warm blissful comfort whilst the rest of the crew (Danny, Sam & Jamin, Merrilee, Boston & Ed) continued on in the winter conditions.
Sam making the most of the snow. He was a little bored sticking to the dirt road but managed to get off road a little bit.
Danny took over driving the family wagon (now full of kids who weren't so keen on the cold) & I got on one of the bikes. It was so much fun, although, dare I repeat myself again? FREEZING cold!
We stopped for some lunch in the middle of nowhere and the kids got out & did some roaming.
Just down from our lunch spot a wild mare appeared amongst a herd of cows to have a drink from their trough. The area is well known for the wild horses that roam the place.
We took a detour on the way back to the trailer & saw some more wild horses. The scenery was amazing!
I am loving my new camera but am happy that it didn't seize up in the weather. My fingers were so freezing from riding that I could hardly work the camera. The trip home in the warm car was blissful!
No comments:
Post a Comment