Sunday, November 7, 2010

:: a quiet sunday ::

Last night just as we were going to bed a most unwelcome visitor arrived... a vomiting & diahorrea bug who proceeded to keep Jamin & Danny up most of the night. Kael was awake because of the noise, lights & commotion & I was awake trying to look after everyone else. 

Today happens to be the start of daylight savings here so Kael's 6am rising seemed all the worse on my few hours of sleep. We have done some fun activities to stay out of the sick adults way & keep the boys happy. 


Kael doing his first painting in a water paint book that Oma brought last time she visited. 



Jamin painting a crocodile that came in a kit. 



We went out to play in the garage & Jamin spent a long time playing with Kael's car in the leaves. 



Jamin's yellow car transporter truck met an untimely death this week so he chose a new 'Mack' truck which is now his favourite toy by far. He & Danny had a play session on his track with some of the other Car's characters before lunch. 

It is no fun having sickness in the house but I have enjoyed a slower day at home with the boys just playing & not attempting to do much else. I am so very thankful that I have seemed to sidestep this bug because without one adult functioning I am not sure how the family survives. 

Wishing I had some more family around today but there are still plenty of things to be grateful for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment