A couple of months ago Danny & I watched the No Impact Man documentary. I have been committed in small ways to sustainability (think reduce, reuse, recycle) & the idea of a family taking on a seriously extreme lifestyle change looked like a very interesting idea. The movie was good but the guy, Colin Beavan, is very extreme & a little frustrating at times. Saying that, I have a lot of respect for what he is trying to do & his authenticity in that journey.
I stumbled across his book at the library a few weeks ago & brought it home thinking it might be interesting to get a deeper look into the whole journey his family took. It was a mix of autobiography, a discussion of the current state of our earth & the effects that our lifestyles & culture are having. I enjoyed reading the book & have come away with some new resolve that it is worth trying to change some of my habits even though they may not have an impact in the big picture. It is only when each of us try to make little changes that we can make big changes to the impact our lifestyles are having on our earth's future.
You can check out the project website and the blog here.

No comments:
Post a Comment