For the last month or so Jamin has been asking to make a new Big Red Car just like the one below that we made for him in Australia. It came complete with a mobile phone & ignition keys & sadly we had to leave it behind in our big move.
So this week I finally remembered to buy some red paint, found a box & off we started on our Big Red Car making afternoon.
Top is cut out & we are starting to paint. Kael is eating his paint brush. He then proceeded to tip the water cup he was using to paint with all over the floor. 1 year olds are so much fun...
Colouring in the wheels.
Kael having a test drive while Jamin plays on our new (2nd hand) slide.
The finished product complete with colouring in pictures glued on & a steering wheel. I do plan to add headlights soon.
This morning I read this article in a book that I have called Heart Focused Parenting by Belinda Letchford.
"My encouragement to you is to start listening to your children, find out the desires of their heart and do one thing a day that their hearts ask for. Make this a habit. Things like time, hugs, play time with you, fun time with the family, a listening ear, to be allowed near you, to touch you, messy time, making stuff, crazy time, rough & tumble time, implusive activties" p. 14.
This is a good reminder that despite being a big effort, listening to my kids & fulfilling their desires for creative quality time is important & worthwhile. Investing into their hearts is something that will pay off in relationship with them many years down the track.


Sounds like fun! That takes me back to many cardboard cubbyhouse making days where no housework was done! Diana
ReplyDeleteDiana, I remember your place in the holidays boxes , boxes and the bigger the better!jane
ReplyDelete