I have a confession to make...
despite coming from a long line of creative & crafty women I have, as yet, been unable to finish a project that I started.
It all began in my high school Home Economics days when Mum found no problem with completing our sewing assignments. If I recall correctly, she finished a lovely handmade doll for me & knitted up Linda's Banana in Pyjama's toy, without complaining. Then there was the baby's rug that I had grand dreams of crocheting for my friends first baby. Danny's Mum finished that one for me when I became bored & Jamin ended up being the recipient of its white warm snuggles.
In my defense I have finished numerous mosaic tables & a few other sewing projects in the last few years so if I really dig down deep to find some motivation I know that I can complete things.
Lately I have been reading blogs by some very crafty ladies, like SouleMama & it's the little things, & have once again been stirred with some desire to attempt knitting again. After some discussion with Mum we decided that knitting a scarf really was my best chance of succeeding as its easy, mindless & I have the added motivation of not actually having one for the impending winter.
Yesterday I went shopping & stood in the wool (yarn) aisle for about half an hour trying to figure out what pattern to use, needles to buy & type of wool to purchase. It was quite overwhelming (I cannot imagine how bad it would have been had the kids been with me) & at one point I called Mum in Australia for advice but unfortunately she didn't answer her phone. I soldiered forward on my own & ended up falling in love some wool that was not only beautiful but also had a free pattern inside & info about what needles I needed.
So here goes... I have YouTube for tech support if I need it & if it comes to it... Danny's mum will be here to rescue me in 3 weeks... Let's hope that its finished & around my neck by then!
I will keep you updated on my progress as I go. Anyone want to place bets?

Go, Al. I will look for it around your neck when we get off the plane. Have fun doing it though!
ReplyDeleteLooks like really nice wool. You can do it Al!
ReplyDeleteGo Al!! Funny you should do this post today - I was on skype just two nights ago with my Mum, getting a lesson on how to do do the 'purl' stitch!! Hooray for Mums, technology and cooler weather perfect for knitting!! Good luck!! :)
ReplyDelete