This weekend we took off on a mini adventure to Uinta National Forest. This was the same area where we did the Fifth Water Outdoor Springs hike a couple of weeks ago & were amazed by the beautiful fall colours. Most of the leaves have dropped now & it is starting to get a little chilly but we still had a relaxing time. Of course there was lots of time spent throwing rocks in the river because thats what little boys want to do but we also did some other fun things too.
The boys hanging out in their camping chairs.
There were some great roads around the site to ride our bikes.
We had lots of fun playing in the leaves.
We took a drive to Strawberry Reservoir in the afternoon through some beautiful country. Here's Danny's car picture from "on top of the world" (according to Jamin).
A few times during the trip I thought about how I was coming to love the caravan, although I did cringe a little each time. When it started to rain this morning there was no scrambling for wet weather gear or packing up tents in the rain. And I really do just love being able to empty my fridge & freezer into the caravan without a whole lot of thought for space. But most of all I love the furnace. It would have been a cold night if it weren't for the thermostat which kept us toasty warm at about 69'F (20'C). I know it's soft but... it really is lovely. That may have been a contributing factor to the fact that both boys slept all night. I am a new woman today!
This looks and sounds so great and what a change in the leaves as you say. Don't worry about getting soft about the van - you can go back to proper camping when you come home!?!?!?
ReplyDeleteThat's great that everyone had a good night's sleep! I'm glad that time has finally come.
ReplyDeleteWAHOOOO - the boys slept through! That is super exciting - Yay Boys!!!!
ReplyDeletesorry - that was me... Suz xo :)
ReplyDelete