Things are changing in my mind about being a mother.
In that first full year of Jamin's life I was trying to keep up, trying to fit it all into the plan of how I thought a mother should mother. I was focused on sleep & feeds & filling up the day.
And then along came Kael and somehow because I was further down the track I realised that these years do go quickly, even if the days sometimes drag. And the sleeps & feeds are not quite so important because there will be another chance tomorrow.
Right now my boys are both sleeping in their beds, it's the kind of overcast day when you are happy to be cozy inside & somehow I realise that this is not going to last forever. However challenging and full our days are, life is going to keep moving forward & my boys are going to grow up.
So I wanted to document this moment of clarity today so that I can remember to remember them at this age, having a sleep in a quiet, dark house. So that I can be thankful for the challenging days because we are together & the only person my boys want to be with right now is me.
It's incredible how fast that 'growing up' stage is - maybe not so apparent to you now, but it will be in a few years time. I'm so glad you can just stop and value these special moments.
ReplyDeleteAl, I think that it's great to get to the point of enjoying and living the moments...they go quick and sometimes you do need to remember to just be! There have already been eight years of moments for me with my big boy and I still get blown away with how quickly that has happened. Good on you for accepting where you're at for now and living out and making memories of your "right now"! Love and hugs, Jen
ReplyDelete