This weekend provided a few parenting experiences that left us with the choice of either laughing, crying or getting angry. I am glad that both Danny & I see the humour in these situations because neither of the other two options are as much fun as having a good laugh.
The first happened on Friday night when we decided to go & try out a restaurant that we had heard served some pretty amazing mexican food. So we were sitting in Chipotles eating our delicious burritos & tacos when Jamin decided that he wanted some of the tacos, which Danny had ordered with medium sauce. Now this is the real deal in terms of mexican restaurants & therefore medium means 'really hot' & mild means 'hot but bearable'. We both tried to talk him out of it but alas he just would not be persuaded. About 3 or 4 bites in Jamin spits out a big bit of meat, sauce & cheese but decides to try it again. About 2 seconds later he starts losing it - I mean the screaming, crying, gasping, losing it. We both try & give him water, burrito & finally a blueberry bar but he would have none of it. He just sat there screaming the restaurant down.
Me & Danny felt bad for him but also smirked a little at each other because he totally brought it upon himself. This was a lesson he just needed to learn on his own. I think next time we warn him something is hot he will get the message.
I would have taken a photo if I had of thought of it but I was a little busy at the time.
So the other amusing experience came about on Sunday afternoon when we decided to drive up Little Cottonwood Canyon for Danny to show me some of the downhill jumps he had stumbled upon. The boys & I were having a great time watching Danny & taking some video when I noticed that Jamin had started holding himself. At times this can mean that he needs to go to the toilet (or 'go potty' as he is now demanding I call it) but sometimes he's just being a little boy needing some reassurance :). He said no & I left it at that.
Watch this video to see what happened next...
Yes - if you caught the very last second you will see Jamin really does need to go to the toilet & is going in his pants. Not only is he weeing, he is also doing a great big number 2!
Because I have experienced this before I quickly pulled off his shoes before they got all wet & he couldn't wear them. Danny hunted around for some a la natural toilet paper (read: leaves) and we managed to get him cleaned up. I was holding Jamin up while we tried to get his pants off and I had Kael in the backpack but because of the angle he was almost falling out the top. Danny was trying to deal with the poo before it went everywhere & I just could not stop laughing. It was horrible but also kind of hilarious.
So this is the way we walked out to the car. I have to admit I was hoping that we didn't meet anyone but alas I had forgotten that we were parked on the side of the highway.
We still had time for Danny to do a few more jumps on the way up with a nudie cheer squad.
A memorable weekend to be sure...
Ah memories! Hans had the experience of carrying one of the boys on his shoulders and....... yep he did,a warm wet feeling in the neck and He still married me !We were at Ravensbourne Park, a Moes hang out in those days. Opa loved to go there! JP
ReplyDelete